BackyardBanshee.com Safer Space Policy
Hello, and welcome to our website!
A safe space policy is a set of guidelines designed to create a welcoming and supportive environment for LGBTQI+, AAPI and BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) visitors to a website. The goal of this policy is to ensure that all visitors feel safe, respected, and valued, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, race, physical ability, ethnicity, or any other personal characteristic.
We do not condone discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, and other factors, and are largely against additional systemic oppression. Systemic oppression leads to economic inequality because it creates barriers for marginalized groups to access opportunities and resources, such as education, employment, and healthcare. As a result, minority communities are disproportionately impacted by economic inbalance and are more likely to experience poverty and other forms of social and economic disadvantage. In other words, systemic oppression results in unequal treatment and opportunities for certain groups of people, which leads to unequal outcomes in terms of income and wealth. This is particularly damaging for minority communities, who are already disadvantaged by society and are therefore more likely to be impacted by economic disparity.
At BackyardBanshee.com, this is not the world we want to continue.
To create a safer space for visitors, BackyardBanshee.com:
- Explicitly states that discrimination, harassment, and hate speech are not tolerated and will be met with appropriate consequences
- Provides clear guidelines for acceptable behavior, including specific examples of what is and is not acceptable
- Encourages visitors to report any incidents of discrimination, harassment, or hate speech so that they can be addressed promptly and effectively
- Ensure that all visitors have access to resources and support, such as confidential counseling and advocacy services, to help them navigate any challenges they may face. We have always recommended and supported https://www.thecalmzone.net/international-mental-health-charities
- Acknowledges all budgets and monetary restraints, and so provides content without cost on the website, and additionally has discount codes available for any products or services (such as “Bosswitch Resources“… Use code “SCHOLARSHIP“ to any of the under £15 resources there to get it completely free for you!)
- Takes steps to make the website more inclusive and accessible to visitors, such as providing content in multiple languages and offering alternative formats for people with disabilities
Overall, the goal of this safer space policy is to create a welcoming and supportive environment where all visitors can feel free to be themselves and engage with the website without fear of discrimination, harassment, or hate. By implementing this policy, the website can help to foster a sense of community and belonging among its visitors, especially disabled, LGBTQI+, AAPI & BIPOC. You can contact the team at any time with any concerns or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org