Tarot Reading for the Week Ahead: January 8th - January 14th, 2024.
Published on January 8, 2024
Every week, I pull a card for the community and offer my thoughts on what the Tarot is predicting for us this week. Additionally, I recommend some cute things to do this week which are inspired by whichever card I pull!
This is my free tarot reading for week number 2: January 8th – January 14th, 2024.
Card of the week: The Upright Two of Pentacles
‘m unsurprised by this, the card of “balance your books” to come up straight after a busy expensive season, in a month where finding the “best January sales” is on most people’s bucket-list.
This January we are not only weighing up our options for the week and month, but for the year ahead too. What could be more fun than doing a budget?
…. Yeah, I’m not sold either.
But it’s a genuinely good habit to build to maintain balance financially and with stress/worry too. It’s still Capricorn season too, so touching on some Earth energy to get us grounded maybe -our long term goals and short-term costings can make for some great ROI. New gym memberships, new TV subscriptions, even reviewing subscriptions to certain creators. It’s finding what is best for us right now, and for moving forward.
In tarot, the Two of Pentacles represents duality and balance. The figure in the card stands on both feet, symbolizing harmony between two opposing forces. They’re adapting as best they can to make sure there is minimal overwhelm. This week, it’s important to find balance in all areas of your life – not just financially.
The start of a new year often comes with expectations, goal-setting hard advice and “New Year, New Me” culture. The Two of Pentacles reminds us to find balance in all of that too. It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and pressure of the new year, but it’s important to take a step back and make sure we’re not overwhelming ourselves.
Things to do and try this week which relates to the 2 of Pentacles
- Date idea or activity: Attend a couples’ cooking class where you both learn to prepare a well-balanced and delicious meal together.
- Book to read: “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” by Greg McKeown, a book that explores the art of prioritizing and focusing on what truly matters. #ad
- Movie to watch: “Chef,” ft Jon Favreau, Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergera
- Playlist to try: “Island of Serenity” by Spotify3.
- Specific Cuisine/Dish to try: Prepare a quinoa-stuffed bell pepper with roasted vegetables, offering a nutritious and balanced dish with a gorge burst of flavors.
- Good action to do this week: Volunteer for an organization that supports mental health awareness and provides resources for individuals seeking balance in their lives.
- Self-care action: Dedicate time to practice mindfulness meditation, allowing yourself to find inner balance and clarity.
- Affirmation: “I embrace the ebb and flow of life, finding harmony in balancing my priorities and nurturing my well-being.”
- Skill to try: Learn the art of meal prepping to efficiently plan and prepare nutritious and balanced meals for the week.
- Deity to learn about: Dike, the Greek goddess of justice and moral order, symbolizing the importance of balance.-
- Journaling prompt: “What small adjustments can I make in my daily routine to bring more balance into my life?”
- Documentary: Watch “Happy People: A Year in the Taiga,” for free on Youtube.
- Charity to donate to: Human Appeal for the genocide that is happening with Palestine. Humanappeal.org.uk
- Photography idea: Capture images that depict the contrast and balance in everyday life, such as reflections in water or the symmetry found in architecture.
I have been reading Tarot for more than 15 years. I have always enjoyed using my intuition to provide clarity and insights to others. Tarot is one of my favorite forms of divination, and I love sharing that passion with like-minded folks.