Tarot Scope for the Week Ahead: October 2nd to October 8th, 2023
Published on October 16, 2023
Every week, I pull a card for the community and offer my thoughts on what the Tarot is predicting for us this week. Additionally, I recommend some cute things to do this week which are inspired by whichever card I pull!
This is my free tarot reading for week number 40: October 2nd to October 8th, 2023
Card of the week: The Reversed Hierophant
The Reversed Hierophant is here to say “Ok, so we’re not doing it like that anymore. We’re doing it like this.”
Sometimes we need to tweak what has not been working for us, and this includes larger themes in our lives, because this is still a major arcana card. Here we can reject what organisational or societal institutions tell us we should be doing, and instead forge our own path.
If something isn’t working in a company, and it starts to lose money, do you just continue to keep doing the same stuff just because that’s what is expected and what was taught? No. You think for yourself. You problem solve, and maybe together you create a new way of doing things – even if it’s a little chaotic and the old white folks on the board are hella surprised.
So this week may bring challenges in breaking away from traditional norms or expectations, but it is still an opportunity to trust our own inner wisdom and intuition. The reversed Hierophant encourages us to seek alternative perspectives and not blindly follow authority figures or societal pressure.
It’s time to question your beliefs and values that don’t bloody work for us in our modern 2023, and we do not do so quietly!
Things to do and try this week which relates to the Reversed Hierophant
- Date idea: Plan a non-traditional date that challenges conventions, such as attending an art exhibit featuring unconventional artists, going to a protest or exploring an alternative dining experience.
- Book to read: “The Rebel” by Albert Camus, a book that explores the concept of individualism and resistance to conformity.
- Movie to watch: “Dead Poets Society,” feat Robin Williams
- Playlist to try: “Anarchy in the UK” by Anarchy Peasy on Spotify
- Dish to try: Experiment with a unique fusion cuisine that blends different culinary traditions, symbolizing your openness to new and unconventional experiences.
- Good action to do this week: Explore opportunities to support organizations or causes that challenge established norms or promote alternative solutions to societal issues.
- Self-care action: Dedicate time to introspection and self-discovery, allowing yourself to question, process and reevaluate your beliefs and values.
- Affirmation: “I trust my inner wisdom and have the courage to follow my unique path, especially when it diverges from tradition.”
- Skill to try: Learn a new skill or craft that allows you to express your individuality and creativity, such as painting, writing, or improv theater.
- Deity to learn about: Prometheus
- Journaling prompt: “What traditional beliefs or practices am I ready to question or redefine in my life? How can I express my individuality more authentically?”
- Documentary: Watch “The Act of Killing,” a documentary that explores the consequences of unquestioned authority and conformity. You can check it out for free on watchdocumentaries.com
- Charity to donate to: Amnesty International. They do incredible work, and you can support them at www.amnesty.org/
- Photography idea: Capture moments of rebellion and self-expression in society.
I have been reading Tarot for more than 15 years. I have always enjoyed using my intuition to provide clarity and insights to others. Tarot is one of my favorite forms of divination, and I love sharing that passion with like-minded folks.