Tarot Scope for the Week Ahead: October 16th to October 22nd, 2023
Published on October 16, 2023
Every week, I pull a card for the community and offer my thoughts on what the Tarot is predicting for us this week. Additionally, I recommend some cute things to do this week which are inspired by whichever card I pull!
This is my free tarot reading for week number 42: October 16th to October 22nd, 2023.
Card of the week: The Five of Wands
OMG just compromise already.
Sometimes, it just isn’t worth the fight?
This week will show lots of (what I’d call) performative conflict – it’s not getting you anywhere and you’re not moving forward as a person by retaliating or engaging with it. You can argue all you want, but what good is that actually doing anyone? The Five of Wands reminds us that sometimes we need to let go of our egos, and find a way to work together harmoniously.
This card also indicates the need for healthy competition and challenges in our lives. It’s important to have something or someone push us out of our comfort zones and motivate us to be better. Find a healthier balance and avoid becoming too caught up in competition, or allowing it to turn into destructive conflict.
This week hun, ask yourself if your actions or responses are serving the greater good, or if they are just fueling unnecessary conflict.
Things to do and try this week which relates to the 5 of Wands
- Date idea: Plan a creative date where you both engage in a hands-on activity like pottery, painting, or woodworking, allowing you to hone your skills together.
- Book to read: “Mastery” by Robert Greene
- Movie to watch: “Whiplash,” feat J.K.Simmons and Miles Teller
- Playlist to try: “ADHD Music To Focus To 2023” by Otaku on Spotify
- Dish to try: Deffo a multi-layered lasagna. Go veggie or go big on the meat! I love ham hock and olive!
- Good action to do this week: Offer your expertise/mentorship to someone seeking to improve their skills or knowledge in your area of expertise.
- Self-care action: Dedicate time to personal growth and skill development by enrolling in a course, workshop, or online class that progresses skills with your interests or career goals.
- Affirmation: “I am committed to continuous improvement, and my dedication to mastering my craft leads to success.”
- Skill to try: Choose a skill or craft that intrigues you, whether it’s learning a musical instrument, honing your cooking abilities, or mastering a new language.
- Deity to learn about: Hephaestus
- Journaling prompt: “What specific goals do I have for mastering my craft or skill, and what steps can I take to achieve them?”
- Documentary: Watch “Jiro Dreams of Sushi,” a cute documentary that portrays the pursuit of perfection and mastery in the art of sushi-making.
- Charity to donate to: Something a little different this month! I would recommend checking out Alison for courses (free or budget!!) that provide tangible diplomas and accreditations that will help you on your way – just sign up for free here and take a look at what they have to offer you; they even have a resume builder, which is really bloody helpful!
- Photography idea: Capture images that depict craftsmanship, or intricate details from a workshop, or simply the beauty that can be found in the dedication to your work.
I have been reading Tarot for more than 15 years. I have always enjoyed using my intuition to provide clarity and insights to others. Tarot is one of my favorite forms of divination, and I love sharing that passion with like-minded folks.